Monday, March 04, 2013

Project: Placemats


I am getting frustrated with the amount of unfinished projects I have going on so I decided to start fresh with a small project that I could see the end in sight as soon as I started. I saw an adorable placemat here and felt inspired. Wanting to also make it educational, I put the place setting outline on there too so the boy's always know the proper way to set a table (cause you know that's so important for 4 & 6 year olds LOL!).  


The boy's picked the fabric for the other side. Of course Eric had to have the Hot Wheels and Jacob picked dinosaurs. I had all the fabric in my stash so I didn't even need to buy more. 


A couple hours later (yea right, I have 3 kids). O.k. 2 days later they were finished!! It was a fun project and the boy's really love them. In fact they love them so much they are rarely on the table. Did you know placemat's make great Transformer tunnels and Hero Factory Lego airplanes. Well, it was news to me too. Whatever, at least they are using them in some capacity and they do make it to the table sometimes!!