Saturday, October 01, 2011

All Things New....

Well, here are some of the new things going on in the Sayler House. We got some new fish friends. They are pearl gouramis (the big orange and pearly ones). Please pay no mind to the blue gourmis that decided it would be funny to poo poo while I took the picture. Everyone's a comedian in this house apparently. 


 Eric found a new 3 year old way to eat a cupcake. Nice cream cheese goatee buddy!!

 My new project
I started a little table quilt with a pattern from Simplify. Here are a few sample blocks. I have it all laid out I just need to finish piecing it together.




Well, the quilt below isn't new but I pieced it together about a year ago and in my new spirit of finishing ALL of my projects (even finished a little Christmas wall hanging quilt I started 15 years ago and I'm not kidding) I posted it on here so I would maybe push myself to quilt it so I can post the finished project. I thought it was such a happy quilt. I have never used rick rack on a quilt and I really think it adds something. This is also the first time I have ever bought a quilt kit. They have them at a great price on Fat Quarter Shop right now if you have the urge to break out the sewing machine!!