Thursday, September 22, 2011

Why I LOVE to quilt

 I love that this.....

...can turn into this... 

..with A LOT of ironing and a good sewing machine.

The other bonus of this pillow project is that you don't really know what it's going to look like until you pull back all the edges to expose the fabric beneath. I am really pleased with the results. I think it will look great on the sofa for fall! Oh, and mom I hope you like it because I am sending it to you!!


BTW - The free pattern I used for this pillow came from:
http://www.modabakeshop.com/2011/04/charming-window-pillows.html#more
It looks kind of intimidating but it really isn't. The instructions are so well written you will be able to tackle it. I know you can!!

P.S. I totally messed it up and had to re-iron the last step of ironing because I flipped it before i folded instead of leaving it the way it was and ironing up the corners. I guess I didn't read those great instructions all that well. Oops!! So you can probably do it better. LOL!!